It is essential that parents look after their own mental health and wellbeing in order to be able to support their children effectively. you may find the following links and apps useful.
- Apps such as Headspace or Calm
- The Wellbeing Service offers self-referral for emotional wellbeing support in relation to low mood and anxiety, including one-to-one and on-line support. This service is free and confidential. www.hpft.nhs.uk/wellbeingservice
- Just Talk Parent Top Tips for getting your child talking www.justtalkherts.org
- Healthy Young Minds in Herts website www.healthyyoungmindsinherts.org.uk
- Mind in Mid Herts – courses on life skills such as coping with anxiety, stress, low self-esteem and depression for 16+ year olds.www.mindinmidherts.org.uk
- Samaritans – confidential support in a crisis 24/7, calls cannot be traced and won’t appear on your bill. CALL FREE 116 123.